Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cards for St. Jude



Hey there! Winter Sims is asking for some help from us. She is trying to collect Valentine's Day cards for the children in St Jude's Hospital. Winter and her family are going to hand deliver these cards personally. What a generous and beautiful gesture on her part, huh? Well, I think helping put a smile on the faces of these children is always a great charitable cause so I have joined this challenge and making some Valentines. I keep coming up with more ideas, so as they fall out of my head and on to paper, I'll post em :)
If you would like to join in this is copied directly from Winter's Blog:

http://winterwonderlandcrafter.blogspot.com

Here are some of the guidelines from St. Jude hospital and a few of mine.* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope. (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.)
* Please send all cards to me at:
Winter Sims
Cards for St. Jude
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment).
* You can also sign your name and where you are from.
* I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this I'm sure Winter will be thrilled! So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Helen! They look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are all so fantastic! Sure to make the little ones smile. ;o)

    ReplyDelete