Thursday, April 24, 2014

MIM #161

Make It Monday Challenge
Watercolor Splats

Check out Nicole's video ~ her MIM challenge is to "water splat" a design on an inked up panel.  This technique is not new to me, but I haven't created cards using it in a while,  so I jumped into the pool ... so to speak ;-)

 
Click on photo for more details


PTI products ~
Cardstock:  Stamper's Select White
Die:  Beautiful Butterflies

I inked up a couple of sponges with Kaleidacolor Rainbow Dye Ink Pad, swiped across the white cardstock, then dropped water from a paint brush in a (somewhat) design fashion.  The butterfly is die cut out of lavender cardstock and I used a Script stamp to make my pattern...thinking after the fact, I could have used patterned paper :-o    I twisted some gold twine under my butterfly before it was adhered with double sided tape.  I left the sentiment off because this will be one of those "whatever-it-needs-to-be" cards.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm!! now this looks like a summer fun card! I love the watercolor design. I'm going to give this technique a try myself : ) later this afternoon : )

    Have a wonderful weekend, Helen!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold twine behind the butterfly. I also like the color combination on your card. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of using my rainbow pads--great idea! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete