Monday, April 20, 2015

Monika's Birthday Party

The very sweet Monika of Creative with Monika had a birthday earlier this month and she has been celebrating the entire month of April. 
Now isn't that a fun idea?!?

Monika is also hosting a challenge for us to CASE a card she has previously made. There are several to choose from, which is tough because her cards are all so lovely and her 'style' in cardmaking is so varied.
Take a moment to visit Monika and wish her a Happy Day ~ you have until April 30th, so no excuses ;-)

this is the card that I am CASEing



And here is the card I made:
 
Click on photo for more details



I tried to duplicate Monika's style and techniques closely by making a circle stencil, creating the water background with Prismacolor pencils then blending with a wet paint brush. The fishes are colored in the same way, fussy cut out and popped onto the card base with double sided tape for a  bit of dimension.

I  hope you have a wonderful birthday month and the good times continue through the year, Monika!


7 comments:

  1. That's a cutie! The fish look so adorable!! Holding a balloon too! Lovely!
    -Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable fish CASE card!! Love those googly eyes on them!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Hellen first of all where do you know my challenge/Bday Linky Party? (SMILE) I guess from Colleen just guessing I am sorry if I am wrong (I guess from your follower friend list)
    Second I want to thanks that you want to join and celebrate with me..the other girls who joined is OLD or knowing me since longer (SMILE AGAIN :) ) and you are the newbie...I am thrilled that you CASE ing my Fishy card..yours is adorable cute and Love that googling eyes...lovely colors too and the fish holding balloon ooh you are so clever...I wish you good luck I will use mr random because all the cards are adorable cant JUDGE one as a winner...maybe this time your luck..
    again Helen many many thanks to join my Bday linky Party...big hugs from Germany
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the other girls is my OLD BLOGGY LAND FRIENDS :) sorry typpo hehe :-)

      Delete
  4. You did such a brilliant job of CASEing Monika's card, Helen! It really has me smiling wide!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fish and your card is just amazingly cute! Fun idea to add the googly eyes and the balloon!

    ReplyDelete